18 December 2008

Run Neon Tiger, you've got a lot on your mind...

Finals are a strange time at this university. Yeah, you have to study hardcore to get those A's...but after classes end, it feels like you might as well be on break already. And while myself and everyone I told dreaded the triple-up of exams I had Tuesday, I can honestly say that it was better that way.

Friday the 12th I interviewed for a part-time Research Analyst position right here in town...finally, a chance to test-drive my heavily-altered H&M-made midnight-blue suit of armor. Save for the shoddy mirror...not one missed detail.


Not usually one for live music--most bands' live clips sound like a drunken karaoke version of their album--but the Killers show that same day was probably the most fun I've had in ages. And that's considering the weak seats I probably paid too much for....and the $8 drip of champagne I downed to numb my sciatic pains...point is, what phone-cam photos I did come away with do the place no justice. From the first row to the last, Brandon Flowers made you feel like you were on the stage with him, invincible to the world for those three and a half minutes of a song. Plus I really enjoyed their faux-encore moment--walking off and darkening the stage for about five minutes before coming back out for "Jenny Was a Friend of Mine"--the exact song I was thinking "man, they should've played..." about. Awesome.

No comments: